Monday, March 7, 2011

Thank You Nutrition Changes!

Growing up I was a notoriously horrible eater. Sour cream and onion pringles and brownies were my lunch in 6th grade, with a side of carrots or cucumbers of course. In high school, pizza and Doritos were the standard.

Due to some freak of nature, I've been blessed with a pretty decent body type (height-weight wise). Even after working in two bakeries (high school years and post graduate school), where I could eat anything I wanted on the job, I still managed to not become a human marshmallow of cellulite.

Little by little I've changed my diet.  Within two days of school ending last year, I opted to go gluten free. Everything improved for the better: digestion, mental clarity, recovery from trainings, sleep, and along the way I dropped 12 or so pounds in a very rapid manner (3 weeks or so).

Yet, steady and consistent improvements have not been my strength.  I've done a lot of delving into the whys, wheres, hows, beliefs, etc. and I'm making improving my nutrition my focus.

It's an early start, but one I know is attainable... each little step counts, and each understanding builds a healthier foundation for success!

Thank you body for sustaining me! Thank you for loving me even when I poured raw sugar down my hatch like it was no tomorrow! Thank you for allowing me to digest M&M and Coke breakfasts in 5th grade, and well... for hanging with me!

Here's to a better life... one morsel of loving food at a time!

For what are you grateful at this moment?

Share with me, as we celebrate being grateful!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I just have to cringe when I think about what I would eat for lunch in grade school/high school... when I was really young I was super picky and I went through a phase where the only thing I would eat that could reasonably be packed into a lunchbox were those Lance Peanut Butter/Cheese crackers (hello, highly processed/fake ingredients!) I think I need to thank my body on this one too!

    ReplyDelete