Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Thank You D and N!


Tonight was the first of (many I hope!) pediatric cancer patient and family nights at Life with Cancer.  It started off a bit slow, and so I had the opportunity to work with a new employee.  She had never had a Reiki treatment before, and at the end, she asked excellent questions!

After sitting out the next round (3 30-minute sessions), as there wasn't a fourth person, I had the great luck of working with N.

N is a 4th grader whose sib is living with a form of cancer. After she settled on the massage table, face down, legs on pillow, tucked under the blanket, I asked her a few questions. We connected immediately on a common ground, and I left her with my main point: if you have any question or concern, please give me a thumb's up, so we can whisper-answer it.

N is a rock star with a pink floral headband! She is pure awesomeness rolled into a loving big-sis body! At the end I asked if she had any questions, and she had one main one. I did my best to answer, in awe of her astuteness and observations.

N, the world is yours! Thank you for allowing me the privilege of working with you!

For what are you grateful at this moment?

Share with me, as we celebrate being grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment