Saturday, March 19, 2011

Thank You Magnificent Saturday!

I woke up at 1:12 this morning with burning in my throat, and massive pain in both ears. Apparently the hydrogen peroxide in the left (presumably-more-infected ear) ear before bed wasn't enough. I realized fairly quickly that the pain probably wasn't the result of swimming, but allergies, so I trekked around my home and started med'ing myself up. Afterall, there were big plans for today!

By 8:12 I was awake, and focused on completing all that I could so tomorrow I can run (knowing full well that a run today was not a good idea). My parents were to be down at noon for an early birthday lunch (class on my real birthday next weekend), and I knew I had a bit less time, as they are forever early!

Before they arrived, I had completed 5 loads of laundry, washed and put away dishes, had a nice yoga session, and caught up on some reading.

While they were here, we enjoyed a most excellent lunch where all of us were happy and contented! (Note: the gluten free pizza at Uno's is amazing!) We trekked to Target and I snagged a bunch of items for a very good cost that met my requirements on cost, fit, and smoothness on purchasing, and then onward to Costco where it wasn't all that traumatic on a sunny Saturday! Next on the agenda was a delightful time at JoJo's where I enjoyed the best moments ever!

I sat in between my parents, all of us licking our cones, and thanked God for the gift of my parents. It might not have been easy at times, but they are mine. I am blessed to live nearby, and to have their unconditional support and patience! As I listened to "Dust in the Wind" I soaked in each breath with them. I hope that they know how much I love them, and through it all, am grateful that they are my parents!

Thank you Mom and Dad for your love! Thank you Uno's for the best lunches for all of us! Thank you March weather for being kind! :-)

For what are you grateful at this moment?

Share with me, as we celebrate being grateful!

1 comment:

  1. I'm grateful for a sunny weekend... warmer weather on the way... and a low-key evening all for ME! :)

    ReplyDelete