Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Thank You Dirt!


The rains this year have made some dynamic designs on Earth this year.  Each time I run, I am awe-struck by how beautiful the shades of brown are.  They appear texture-like to me. 

Today I decided to do an impromptu photo shoot on the way home from the gym, after picking up some frozen yogurt (which remained frozen), because of a homework assignment for class that starts this weekend.  We are to bring photos and words of things that are important to us.

Every time I go out into the woods, I am grateful to run.  Some days my runs are fast, and sometimes they are barely above a slow jog.  Yet, each time I'm reminded of how blessed I am to have a body that allows me to move, and to have safe spots in which I can run freely and grow immensely as a person!

Thank you dirt and Earth for your love! Thank you for absorbing the pounding of my frame, and for keeping me honest (you cannot look too far ahead on this trail or...)! Thank you for showing me the beauty of browns and the complexities of dirt, while in a simple frame!

For what are you grateful at this moment?

Share with me, as we celebrate being grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment