Saturday, March 19, 2011

Thank You Moments of Observation!

Yesterday I sat outside, waiting for a co-worker as we were heading to dinnner before the School Bingo Night. My tummy was grumbling, and I was quite impatient. I told myself I was going to wait another 7 minutes, and then I would investigate further.

2 minutes into those 7 minutes, a car pulled up, and I realized it was for a 6th grader who had previously been waiting outside for his Mom after musical rehearsal. Seconds later, I witnessed this streak of blue shorts and a blue shirt, with pale legs, head, arms, and a tossle of brown hair flying to the car. He was whisper shouting something, and as I turned to my left, I realized it was the name of his dog who was waiting in the back seat for him!

In that moment I saw pure joy, and realized how it's the simple things that truly matter! The stuff we as adults perceive as important, probably isn't, or may not be in some regard.

Thank you student, parent/guardian, and puppy for making my Friday a superbly special one! Thank you for allowing me to silently observe one of the greatest moments of my school year!

For what are you grateful at this moment?

Share with me, as we celebrate being grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment