Saturday, March 26, 2011

Thank You Bonas!!

Oh, it's a small, small world alright!  Yesterday at the end of the day, the science teacher in our hall came up to me and said, "You went to St. Bonaventure?"  I responded that I had.  She shared that her Dad started there, but graduated from Georgetown.  We shared a bit more, and it turns out that I lived 3 houses down from the church were her aunt's funeral mass was held.

A bit after that, at the start of yoga teacher training, I learned that 2 of the other trainees have Bonas connections.  This might not seem like much to some, but Bonas had at max 2,200 grad and undergrad students when I was there.  My undergrad class was about 500 or 530.  My grad class was very small- maybe 200 or 250. 

The irony of this was that I had copied a picture taken on campus many years ago for one of our activities today.  Yesterday I was still uncertain about the whole process, and having 3x the Bonaventure connections really helped, because Bonas and the area that surrounds it, are some of my all-time favorite places on Earth.

Thank you S., K., and A. for sharing with me a special piece of my life! Thank you for your smiles and laughter! Thank you Bonas for 5 amazing, hard-working years! Thank you for the foundation you provided me, and the opportunities you shared with me!

For what are you grateful at this moment?

Share with me, as we celebrate being grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment