Sunday, February 13, 2011

Thank You Trails of Life!



The above pic was taken on one of my all-time fave running trails, where I first started hitting the trails after I moved to this area. It's the site of a major moment in US history. (Any guesses where or what?)

For the last few months I've felt that life is taking me on a different path, and today I'm about to explore it more fully. Like any run, one never knows what one will encounter: what roots will have shot up, how solid or not the ground will be, how many critters will cross one's path, whether or not one will follow the blazes, etc.

In the trail lies the beauty of life. Sometimes a new trail might perceptually be scary, more technical, longer, or filled with more spidey webs than the usual ones. Yet, it's all perceptions, and each step on each run (or walk or hike) allows us to grow more fully, to be who we are, to find out what we really love, and what is truly important to us.

Thank You Trails of Life for the lessons you teach! Thank You for the beautiful moments like bluebells on an April morning, squirrels scampering to and fro, or an eagle soaring high above the bay. Thank You for always leading us home!

For what are you grateful at this moment?

Share with me, as we celebrate being grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment