Sunday, February 20, 2011

Thank You Sunny Sunday Scamperings!



I went for a run near here today.



On the other side of the park from here.

The winds were active, but not the crazy 25-60 mph winds that caused massive fires in the area yesterday, and resulted in 95 being shut down due to lack of visibility (ah, that explains the abundance of traffic on Rte 1).

It was a bit slower of a run, because my training has taken a hit in the last two weeks. Yet, it was the most awesome of runs! My body was eager to be outside on the trails, my mind was rested, my spirits were calm, and all was in synch! I skipped and scampered like a baby animal with new legs! I hung in there quite well mentally on a "long" run, and made sure I took my "gratitude half loop walk" on which I just walk quietly, reflecting on all that I am grateful for.

Thank you trails for your continuous presence! Thank you sunlight for peeking down here and there, and bringing smiles to my soul! Thank you fellow runners and hikers for letting me pass on one of those random speedy moments!

For what are you grateful at this moment?

Share with me, as we celebrate being grateful!


No comments:

Post a Comment