Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thank You "on Island Time..."

I'm not a highly competitive person, but I enjoy helping others who are.  Professional volunteer over pro athlete of any kind (or competitive athlete of any kind) is my style. 

I find my peace in supporting others, in refilling sweaty bottles at ultras, while mixing gooey-slushy bags of mystery subtances into bladders, in giving directions to the next aid station, while doing all of the you-don't-know-who-did-it prep work to ensure that races go well, as I heckle runners just because others have taught me well, and in being a mere moment of relief on a long journey. 

I still run when I want, yoga til my heart is content, and delight in a good swim, but just in balance.  Still, a good athlete's blog keeps my fire sparked for maybe a change of heart... or... just a good reminder that we're all in it together in our own wonderful ways.

Even better is a blog that speaks truth... in the very unique ways that resonate with the select group who truly get it...

Like Beth's ...

Yes, being "on Island Time..." is a to cherish!

Thank you, Beth, for this great take on what a week without kids, grades, final exams, parents questioning things, last minute meetings, yearbook distribution, and more is like!

For what are you grateful at this moment?

Share with me, as we celebrate being grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment