Friday, July 1, 2011

Thank You Life Lessons!


Yesterday I co-taught my third, and final, yoga class before "graduation" and teaching my practicum. 

I went in with a few specific "I will..." ideas, even though I knew (for almost full certainty) that they weren't best. 

After the completion of the class, my super compassionate co-teacher provided me with some very key feedback.  She explained to me what I had done well, and specific areas of improvement.

On the long drive home, I reflected and continued to do so for much of the night. 
Initially I was very, very frustrated with myself, but I realized if I hadn't been so stubborn, I might not have been on the receiving end of much needed feedback.

S's feedback probably wouldn't have come up eventhough I believe it was necessary for me to go beyond where I'm at now with my life learning.

Before going to bed, I wrote two words and stuck them under my pillow (a not-so secret trick I use to help with many thing...):  compassion and gratitude.

When I awoke this morning, I realized that I am just a person learning in life.  I wouldn't beat up a tree for not growing as fast, nor would I scold a bird for not being able to fly so high.  Why lecture myself when I'm just learning? 

Thank you, S for your patience and honesty.  Thank you life lessons for being there to help me grow more deeply. 

For what are you grateful at this moment?

Share with me, as we celebrate being grateful!


1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    OMG...love your analogies. so true. You wouldn't scold a tree for not growing fast or a bird for not chirping the right tune or not flying high enough..


    that's great. thx.
    I'm grateful for my morning writing pages, and possibility

    ;)

    ReplyDelete