Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Thank You Summer Brain!


Summer Brain is rearing it's colorful self in all sorts of kaleidoscopic ways! 

All that is focused on for 9-10 months is now buried deep inside the internal ocean to rest and recharge.  With that goes many of the key processes related to all of "that." 

The results are my priorities are vastly changed, and things that I'd normally be conscious of, I now have little clue about. 

I've found myself apologizing to friends and family when they ask me questions, and I respond with less depth and detail saying, "I have a bad case of summer brain."

To their credit, most everyone has responded, "That's okay!  Summer brain is a good thing!"

Thank you, summer brain, for allowing me to recharge for the upcoming school year! 
Thank you, summer brain, for reminding me that I need you
(as you do when you encourage me to sleep in beyond 5 am, to visit the library for fun reading, and to take random road trips just because...).
Thank you, friends and family, for accepting and encouraging summer brain!

For what are you grateful at this moment?

Share with me, as we celebrate being grateful!

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading this on a pool lounge chair...
    luv summer brain :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be a teacher...I miss summer brain!

    ReplyDelete