Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Thank You Kayaks!


School ended yesterday at about 2:30 p.m. when I turned in all of my keys and paperwork!

With my car filled with a random assortment of paper boxes and bags, I headed to a friend's house to kayak.  Although I had planned on taking two yoga classes, I decided about noon that being out on the water would make the day better.

For the first time in a full year (and only the second time ever!), I learned how much the balance of yoga has helped with kayaking!  I think my internal sea body has been activated, and I saw and felt massive improvement in my navagating the plastic-mobile. 

We only went up stream a bit, where I received a history lesson on the waters.  Gliding along, watching the hawks, red-winged black birds, dragonflies, and other amazing creatures was music to my cells...the peaceful lullaby that soothes the wonders and concerns of another middle school year laid to rest and brings hope for times to come.

Thank you, S, for sharing your kayaks and home! Thank you for allowing me to develop more skills and comfort!  Thank you, too, for feeding me when I arrived famished!

For what are you grateful at this moment?

Share with me, as we celebrate being grateful!


No comments:

Post a Comment