Monday, May 30, 2011

Thank You Dumpster Donations!

I'm a proud member of this group...


Over the last 7 years or so I've scored: a kitchen table, four dining room chairs, an antique dresser, a credenza, four more dining room chairs (donated to a friend), a small table my parents love (though my Dad initially groaned when I brought it back ...), and my latest great find...

a 2-step stool, all wood, with a loose screw or two.

A few months ago it was just sitting next to my regular dumpster, when I scrunched up my nose and thought.. "Do I really need that or am I just picking it up to have stuff?"  I wasn't quite sure, but it called out to me enough, so I hauled it back to my storage room (a 60-second walk if that...).

It's been hanging out there, recently supporting sand for school projects, all the while I thought it would be used with a future mentoring project until...

Yesterday! 

My parents came for a visit and mom brought a plant.  I was told the plant needed to be outside, so I put on shoes and grabbed my keys.  My parents were perlexed, and told me it could sit on the ground. 

30 seconds later, the stool was out, the plant was on top, and my parents were "oohing" and "ahhing."  When I noted the loose screws, Dad pulled out his pocket knife and made them all better!

Thank You to those who have been kind enough to donate their stuff to the dumpster gold mines!  Thank You to my folks who have patiently accepted my love of trash hunting, and who have developed an appreciation of it!  Thank You to all who continue to recycle!

Oh...and here's my happy mint plant on the free stool!



For what are you grateful at this moment?

Share with me, as we celebrate being grateful!


No comments:

Post a Comment