Monday, August 1, 2011

Thank You Aunt A!

I spent last Thursday with my Aunt A during a Family Meet Up Day on our vacation to western Michigan. It'd been a long, long time since I had seen her, and the visit left me a bit perplexed.

I wasn't sure if it was all of her medical madness, the grouping of relatives, or something else, but something seemed...different.  I let it go and prayed. 

My Dad and his brother (Aunt A's husband) exchanged e-mails CC'd me on them after the trip ended, and suddenly it felt right to respond. 

Little did I know I'd be on the receiving end of an e-mail from my Aunt A and I'd respond in a way that I knew we were back in stride with each other.



To sum up my aunt's impact on my life is no easy feat.  This woman single heartedly guided me through a very rough break up nearly 18 months ago.  She wrote wise words and comforted me.  She listened to me, encouraged me, and somehow knew exactly what I needed. 

Just a few months before that she taught me some of the most profound lessons of my life just by being her.  Her fight with cancer has been a time of observation and reevaluation for me.  Yet she somehow is oblivious to it, and her positive impact on the lives of others.

Thank you, Aunt A, for your strength, your example, your courage, and your compassion.

For what are you grateful at this moment?

Share with me, as we celebrate being grateful!



No comments:

Post a Comment