Sunday, January 30, 2011

Thank You Mystery Man and Family!

Mystery Man? and His Family!

Today I left my brain somewhere, and five steps into a snow-and-ice covered trail run I realized I didn't have my keys. (They were nice and toasty in my fully locked car.) In a moment I had a plan, which would change slightly once. I trekked to the guardless entry gate, and waited for a kind passerby whom I would ask to borrow his/her phone (as that, too, was snug as bug in my car). 

Minutes passed, and then a man in a white contruction truck came to the gate, saw my waving arms, rolled down his window, listened to my story, and then pulled into a parking spot. He let me use his phone to call my Dad (who called AAA), while his wife and toddler waited patiently in the back seat.

Mystery Man and his family checked on me as they left the park, as AAA had not yet come.  They offered to wait with me, and another chance to use their phone.

Mystery Man and Family, thank you for showing the true kindness of humans! Thank you for taking a chance on a Steelers gold-and-yellow clad runner! Thank you for your patience as Dad called AAA, and thank you for the second pass by! 

For what are you grateful at this moment?

Share with me, as we celebrate being grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment